Dementia is a condition related to a decline in memory and thinking skills to a point where it can start to affect a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. There are different stages of dementia and it is important to take care of the person diagnosed with the condition.
Different types of care are provided by different facilities and it is better to ask if it will suit their needs before registering.
The most important factors that come into play at a good long-term residential facility or a retirement home or an assisted living facility are:
· A comfortable environment and homelike feeling.
· A place that offers privacy, safety, and security.
· A place where the resident is able to socialize with other residents.
· A place with experienced caregivers, who are trained in taking care of people with dementia and can address their needs.
A retirement community or a retirement facility would be the perfect place for people diagnosed with early-stage dementia as they are still capable of taking care of themselves independently.
They will be able to move about freely but might not be able to take care of the complete house or villa. In such cases, the in-house staff offer limited supervision and offer other services like housekeeping, using transportation, participating in social activities and other amenities.
Dementia Assisted Living Facility or Assisted Care is when a person is in need of external support like a full-time or part-time caregiver or a nurse. This bridges the gap between a retirement facility and a nursing home. A person with dementia can still be able to live freely, without any problems in a dementia assisted living facility.
For such people, the facility generally offers, meals, housing, healthcare, medical assistance, and support and assisted care. It is important to ask as all facilities might not have the amenities suited for people with dementia.
If you are looking for a retirement or dementia assisted living facility with geriatric care and residential facilities for someone with dementia, we have the right place for you.
We present to you – The Chennai Homes “Aishwaryam”.
Aishwaryam comes to you from The Chennai Homes, a company that is built on a strong foundation of timeless values and good ethics. Aishwaryam is the first of the many projects they propose to launch in the field of senior care and act as the perfect dementia assisted living facility with geriatric care.
At Aishwaryam each cottage, modelled on a luxury suite, has its own living area, pantry, and a bedroom to provide the most comfortable living environment for you.
All the needs of seniors with dementia are taken care of in the self-sustained premises.
To secure this even further, The Chennai Homes offers complete 360-degree senior care including:
· Geriatric Care
· 24/7 medical facilities
· 24/7 security and CCTV campus
· Healthcare and emergency paramedics on standby
· Dietician prescribed nutritious food
· A fully equipped wellness center
· Anti-skid flooring, intercom facility, and senior-friendly bathrooms
· 2 panic alarms in each villa, one at bedside & one in the toilet
· Medical records management
· Travel and concierge services
· On call cab service (prior booking)
· Pharmaceutical requirements at doorsteps
· Groceries at doorsteps
· Dementia Assisted care on request
The Chennai Homes has adopted the global concept of ‘Age In Place’ where all required facilities are present within the same campus so that the senior having dementia does not have to move out of the campus.
Would you like to know more about how we work and our services for dementia patients in detail? Call us today at +91 91766 77770 and we will be happy to help.